The GamecityLab at the Hamburg University of Applied Sciences (HAW Hamburg) is a joint project of the departments of Informatics and Media Technology and the initiative gamecity:Hamburg. It has been designed as a place where regional companies that are, in the widest sense, involved in the production of computer-based or -supported games, can form a network with the HAW and other companies. GamecityLab is the University of Applied Sciences’ point of contact for the gaming industry.
GamecityLab offers a wealth of possibilities:
- On-site information on current technologies and game-relevant design approaches.
- Contact with students dealing with innovative technologies and game concepts
- Development and/or evaluation of new game ideas in joint projects with the Lab.
- Establishment and deepening of links, networking with other companies in the region.
- Events and workshops in cooperation with gamecity:Hamburg.