11. August 2022
How to: Make the most of gamescom 2022
2022 brings back the first on-site gamescom in two years. For some new members of the industry this might be their very first visit at the biggest German gaming convention and one of the most important games events worldwide, while others might appreciate a quick refresher on what's going on at gamescom. It's big, it's crazy and it's a lot of fun! Let's take a look at how you can make the most of it as a business visitor.
1. First up, we highly recommend you invest time at the latest in the week before the big event and really plan your meetings. Contact the people you want to meet early as their calendars might also fill up quickly. Write down a schedule with times and locations. Pay close attention to the latter, and include generous breaks for switching locations. Depending on the day you're attending, it might take you up to 30 minutes to change halls.
2. To find the right people to meet and talk business, we highly recommend getting a MeetToMatch account set up. This offers an easy overview and connects you with the right business contacts without having to reach out on different platforms, where your requests might get lost. With this link, you can also save 15%.
3. If you or your contact can't meet at a booth, finding the right location is key. Both the Indie Area and the Indie Arena Booth have meeting spaces that you can use if you are an exhibitor of the Indie Area and the Indie Area Booth. The same goes for the Meeting Spaces in the B2B area. If you are looking for a quieter location, you can also check out the Networking Area in hall 4, A-041 / B-050.
4. Don't want to schedule even more meetings and simply reconnect or meet new people in a more relaxed environment? Then you should check out the public receptions! Visit a booth you might have overlooked otherwise and share a drink with other members of the industry. Take a look on Eventbrite to find public events, and limit your search to Cologne and the time around the gamescom.
5. Mix business with fun and don't skip the official gamescom party on Thursday! The entry fee is 80€ which you couldn't spend better during this week because chances are high that you will meet pretty much everybody you've ever added on LinkedIn at this event.
6. Last but not least: take care of yourself, mask up when you can, don't forget to drink some water and have fun!
Also, you can find us in hall 10.2 as part of the Indie Arena Booth, together with some great games from Hamburg - come and say hi!