November 10, 2020
Job Vacancy: We are looking for a PR/Communications Manager (m/f/d)
The Hamburg Kreativ Gesellschaft mbH is as of now looking for a PR / Communications Manager (m/f/d) for the Hamburg Kreativ Gesellschaft and Gamecity Hamburg (full- or part-time, starting with a limited contract)
The Hamburg Kreativ Gesellschaft mbH is as of now looking for a PR / Communications Manager (m/f/d) for the Hamburg Kreativ Gesellschaft and its location initiative Gamecity Hamburg (full- or part-time, starting with a limited contract).
The Hamburg Kreativ Gesellschaft is a municipal institution for the advancement of the creative industries in the Hanseatic City. In addition to workshops, seminars and networking events, it offers the operators in the eleven sub-markets of the creative industries individual consulting, coaching, crowdfunding, as well as assistance with obtaining financing and finding suitable work spaces.
Through the Cross Innovation Hub, it is the initiator of a project to promote cross-industry cooperation within the creative industries. It is also responsible for the location initiatives Gamecity Hamburg, nextMedia.Hamburg and designxport, making it the largest creative industry promotion entity in Germany.
As the location initiative for the Hamburg games industry, the task of Gamecity Hamburg is to support the Games ecosystem in Hamburg with new programs, to provide visibility, to connect the involved entities, to maintain relevant intersections and to identify new issues. The initiative is also responsible for the new Hamburg Prototype Funding and the Games Lift Incubator.
In order to increase the visibility of Gamecity Hamburg's varied portfolio of services and to expand the (international) location marketing for the games metropolis Hamburg, we are now looking for a dedicated PR/communications manager (m/f/d) in a full or part-time position.
- Independent planning and implementation of targeted communication measures
- Placement of content in German and international media
- Expansion of (international) press contacts and contacts to multipliers
- Independent planning and implementation of focused marketing campaigns
- Building and expanding reach and engagement on our Gamecity media platforms Discord, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitch and YouTube
- Editorial support for our website, our newsletter and our social media outlets
- Creation of content in German and English in coordination with our team and agency partners
- Creation of presentations, graphics and other means of communication
- Coordination of our cooperation with PR agencies and external partners
- Development of suitable KPIs to measure the success of communication measures
- A university degree in a suitable specialization or many years of relevant professional experience
- Proven experience in communications (conception, strategic orientation, implementation)
- Experience in networking and inter-company work
- Very good communication skills
- Team spirit
- Willingness to show a high level of personal commitment and readiness to participate in evening and, if necessary, weekend events
- Secure handling of social media platforms, image editing software, current IT client applications and web tools
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written German and English
- ideally familiarity with important industry events such as gamescom, GDC, Nordic, etc.
- Ideally established contact network in the (international) digital/games industry
- High level of creative freedom with self-responsibility as part of a motivated team
- Diverse range of tasks
- Flat hierarchy structure
- Flexible working hours and home office
- The opportunity to actively shape the Hamburg creative scene and games environment of tomorrow
- Cooperation with companies and interesting representatives of the creative industries, explicitly the games industry, startups, organizations, networking initiatives, public institutions and specialists in Hamburg
- New perspectives through the work with over 30 colleagues from the Hamburg Kreativ Gesellschaft
The position can be exercised full-time or part-time and is initially limited to 1 year.
A dedicated team is looking forward to your application in German or English exclusively by e-mail with all the usual documents, the date you could begin working with us and your expected compensation by November 30, 2020, 11:59 pm to:
Hamburg Kreativ Gesellschaft mbH / Gamecity Hamburg
Hongkongstr. 5 / 3. Boden
For further inquiries please contact Dennis Schoubye, project lead Gamecity Hamburg, at +49 40 879 79 86 – 27 / email@example.com or Jean Rehders, director of communications, at +49 40 879 79 86 – 14 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find the german job description on the Hamburg Kreativ Gesellschaft: Stellenausschreibung PR-/Kommunikationsmanager (m/w/d)