Out of Place
Funded with 80,000 €
Prove yourself in the mysterious world of Mithem! Defeat your enemies using your companion while also protecting him courageous during frightening segments. Help Simon to find a way back home and restore a war-scarred world in a tale of friendship, hope and courage.
ACTION TACTICAL COMBAT
- Machine-like companion as a unique character that provides an immersive UI
- Action-packed combat system with puzzle elements and tactical variety
- Use your companion dynamically to react to the variety of events in the game world
EMBRACING EMOTION IN GAMEPLAY
- Seamless transitions from gameplay into cinematics
- Protect your companion in precarious situations
- Atmospheric moments without combat system
About Bagback Games
Bagpack Games is a small indie studio from Germany currently working on their first project Out of Place. The demo for Out of Place won the German Developer Award 2018 in the category Ubisoft Blue Byte Newcomer Award - Students as well as the 1st place award for Best Desktop Game at the Gamedev Days Tallinn 2019. It was also recently awarded with an Epic Mega Grant.
Invited by Epic Games to the Unreal presents showcase, an improved version of the demo was shown at Nordic Game 2019. Further the demo was displayed at various other exhibitions, including Gamescom 2020 and GameOn 2018 (Lithuania)