- 1. What are the goals of Games Transfer? ↓
Goals of the Games Transfer funding are:
- Raising visibility of Hamburg-based developers, games projects and games companies on relevant national and international industry events.
- Supporting the initiation of new cooperations and business deals.
- 2. Who is eligible to apply? ↓
Eligible to apply are companies and natural persons that fulfill the following requirements:
- Headquarters/business premises of the applicant (as a company) or the residence of an applicant (as a natural person) are located in Hamburg
- No more than 20 permanent employees
- The applicant is active in the games industry, e.g. developing:
- Digital games (all platforms)
- Serious games
- VR/AR games
- Technical Applications for game developers.
- The project for which the applicant seeks funding is planned to be commercially exploited.
- The applicant can demonstrate a valid need for attending the event and funding in their application.
- 3. What can be funded? ↓
Eligible expenses are proven expenses attributable to the attendance of an (online) event that are necessary for the visit and execution of the event. In addition, expenses for the preparation of events are eligible if they are reasonable and directly attributable to the event.
This could be:
- Attendance fees/entry tickets
- Travel expenses, solely:
- Train tickets (second-class)
- Bus tickets (second-class)
- Flight tickets – only if travels via train or bus are not reasonable. Domestic flights are to be avoided
- Tickets for local public transport
- Accomodation (up to 90 euros per night and person)
- Attendance of charged workshops and panels during an event
- Preparation of marketing material necessary specifically and only for the event:
- Graphic designs for printed material and presentations
- Printed materials such as flyers or posters for the promotion of the project and referring to the event
- 4. What is the funding amount and when will it be paid out? ↓
The maximum amount per applicant and project is 1,500 euros per calendar year. The funding requires a personal contribution of 20 percent of the calculated total costs. Games Transfer funding is granted as a non-repayable grant on a de minimis basis. Payment will be based on the actual, attested total costs after the event.
- 5. What is to be regarded in regards to the personal contribution? ↓
In the cost plan to be submitted as part of the application, 20 percent of the calculated total costs must be listed as a personal contribution. When submitting the receipts after the event and the updated, actual cost plan, the own contribution must also be shown accordingly.
- 6. Which events are eligible for funding? ↓
Eligible events are events with a direct connection to the digital and games industry (industry events/trade fairs), a commercial background or events that are used to establish business contacts. If there is no direct industry reference, the applicant should consult Gamecity Hamburg before applying.
- 7. My project is not directly connected with the games industry, can it be funded anyway? ↓
No,this funding is only for applicants who have projects in the following categories:
- Digital Games
- Serious Games
- VR/AR Games
- Technical applications/ Platforms for Game developers
- 8. Which information is necessary for the application? ↓
During the application process via Airtable, the following information are requested:
- Why is there a funding need for the applicant?
- For which event is the funding requested?
- Which project should be presented at this event?
- What are the goals of participation in the event?
- How many persons will participate at this event and in which position?
- What should be paid from this funding?
- Additional Documents are provided here, have to be signed and uploaded to Airtable.
- 9. When can I apply for Games Transfer? ↓
Games Transfer is an ongoing funding program. Applications can be made at the earliest four months before the event begins.
- 10. How can I apply for this funding? ↓
The application for the Gamecity Games Transfer is made via an online form, where all necessary information is requested and the documents to be submitted are uploaded.
- 11. What’s next after my application? ↓
- After successful application, Gamecity Hamburg will check the documents for completeness and decide on approval.
- If the grant is approved, a funding agreement will be concluded between the applicant and Hamburg Kreativ Gesellschaft, which will form the basis for payment of the approved funds after participation in the funded event.
- No later than four weeks after the event, the applicant shall submit a factual report and the receipts corresponding to the cost plan to Hamburg Kreativ Gesellschaft in order to receive reimbursement of the eligible costs after review of the receipts.
- 12. Who decides about the awarding of the funding? ↓
The decision on whether the required criteria are met and whether a grant is awarded is made by Gamecity Hamburg on the basis of the designated funding criteria for Games Transfer. See also points 3 and 5 of the guidelines for Games Transfer funding, to be found on the Application page.
- 13. How and in what form do I submit receipts after the event? ↓
The receipts can be sent by e-mail to Gamecity Hamburg together with the factual report and an overview of the actual total costs. The originals are not required for payment of the grant, but must be kept for five years for possible checks.
- 14. How often can I apply for Games Transfer? ↓
Games Transfer funding is granted as a non-repayable grant on a de minimis basis. Payment will be based on the actual, attested total costs after the event. The maximum total funding amount per applicant is 1,500 euros per calendar year. Applicants can apply for support for participation in several events as far as the total funding amount across all events does not exceed 1,500 euros. The funding always requires a personal contribution of 20 percent of the calculated cost for each event that is applied for. The personal contribution must be evident in the finance planning.
- 15. Why is gamescom not eligible under this program? ↓
Every year, Gamecity Hamburg offers a dedicated support program for Hamburg-based developers and games companies regarding access to gamescom. Thus, an application for gamescom in connection with the Games Transfer program is not possible.